TEACHER OF HISTORY
1 YEAR FIXED TERM
History is a very popular subject within the curriculum, with over 50% of students opting to take GCSE History. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented, inspirational and creative History teacher. The successful candidate will:
* Have a passion for learning and teaching.
* Have a good degree and the ability to teach to A level.
* Be an excellent teacher of History.
* Understand the needs of students and how to remove learning barriers.
* Be a motivating, innovative and imaginative teacher.
* Have a proven track record of student achievement.
Hedingham School is a successful and oversubscribed 11 to 18 mixed comprehensive community school. Whilst being in a beautiful rural setting, many staff commute from surrounding towns and cities including Chelmsford, Colchester and Cambridge.
The Learning Area can offer a strong and supportive team. All staff are provided with a laptop and work in a well-resourced and stimulating environment where an emphasis is placed on raising student achievement and continuing professional development.
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Julie Sands, for an appointment.
If you have the qualities we are seeking further details and an application pack can be obtained from the school.
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd May
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates are subject to safer recruitment procedures