WHY STUDY MEDIA?
GCSE Media Studies is an increasingly popular and useful qualification. You should consider it if
* you are interested in the media;
* you are a creative person;
* you are thinking about a career in the media;
* you are interested in the changing nature of our society;
* you are interested in communication.
WHAT ARE THE MEDIA?
Film Television Radio Magazines
Advertising Comics Photography Newspapers
Popular Music Internet Mobile phones
WHAT DOES THE COURSE INVOLVE?
You will study a series of topics. For each topic you will be required to do:
- written work, writing essays showing your understanding of the media and analysing practical work examples;
- research and surveys;
- practical work, making your own examples of the media; e.g. photography, designing posters, storyboarding, scripting, website design, video, digital editing.
Topics studied may include:
- television news
- feature films
- soap operas
- Popular music
- The Internet
- Crime Drama
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
|Coursework: Controlled Assessment
4 Part Portfolio - 3 written assignments
- 1 practical project
One written Examination
To do well in GCSE Media Studies, you must be able to express yourself effectively in writing.
If you want to find out more, talk to Mr Hyde